Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Heart My Home

It's a wonderful feeling to be looking at blogs and pinterest and the like and realize that where you live is your favorite place.  And what you already own is your favorite look.  And this is true too...


I am always pinning ideas about future projects or my "dream" home.  When, in reality, I really do LOVE my home. We have worked for 6 and a half years at making it our own.  Just yesterday I painted my hallway bright orange.  Don't judge me, it's more of a coral than a pumpkin color.  I LOVE it. (I just might have to get in the habit of wearing sunglasses in the house.)

I have wanted to make an upholstered headboard since forever. I look at the different shapes and tutorials and think, "I could totally do that."  And then I wish for a guest bedroom or a client or friend to make one for because I can't give up my headboard.  I brought home pieces of wood and told my sweet husband that I wanted a headboard.  And he made me one.  Then he patiently hung it for me.  When we upgraded to a king size bed, I couldn't let it go so I just spaced it out a little more and voila, it still worked.  So, the moral of this long post is that I love my headboard.  And my husband.


Ain't it perty? What do YOU love about your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment